Last Day of November
The smell of air is different, the first thing I noticed when stepping out of the car onto the house I'm going to live in for a few years. I couldn't ask for a better situation yet somehow I feel empty knowing that I'll be away from my parents for a while, But this is for me so I'll manage.
Every now and then I'll remember one of my many memories of home, from running up and down the municipal stage as a child to having a wonderful Pre-Christmas night with my family on the same platform.
Somehow this place brings so much memories; both good and bad, How you may ask? well this place is where i got one of my many scars. Not like emotional scars more like physical ones and its actually a funny story but that is for another day, today we talk about what MY home really is like.
To put it simply, My hometown is dangerous. Crime was rampart in my neighborhood and not petty crimes although that's pretty prevalent too, crimes such as Drug centered and Domestic Violence. To be honest its not a great environment for a child to live in, but somehow that environment raised one hell of a dynamic family.
My home town is what you can call an emerging city, what do I mean by this? well its a city that is not like a city. Let me explain; first the businesses were booming, stall here and there with tons of micro businesses and the road was extremely busy and littered with both people and vehicles.
Every now and then I'll remember one of my many memories of home, from running up and down the municipal stage as a child to having a wonderful Pre-Christmas night with my family on the same platform.
Somehow this place brings so much memories; both good and bad, How you may ask? well this place is where i got one of my many scars. Not like emotional scars more like physical ones and its actually a funny story but that is for another day, today we talk about what MY home really is like.
To put it simply, My hometown is dangerous. Crime was rampart in my neighborhood and not petty crimes although that's pretty prevalent too, crimes such as Drug centered and Domestic Violence. To be honest its not a great environment for a child to live in, but somehow that environment raised one hell of a dynamic family.
My home town is what you can call an emerging city, what do I mean by this? well its a city that is not like a city. Let me explain; first the businesses were booming, stall here and there with tons of micro businesses and the road was extremely busy and littered with both people and vehicles.
And my hometown also housed the 100th franchise of Puregold in the whole country so... Yay...
But with the businesses booming the schools also need to catch-up and that gets me to my second point. My hometown housed the school that made champions and manufacture excellence, Taguig Science High School.
It may not look much on the outside but my alma mater isn't something to scoff at, It is the home to achievers and the people that became my other family. The people in my town call it the home of champions but I call it a cool school and my time there was equal parts Fun and suffering, well I mean I had my first disappointment and self-loathing there but I also found Camaraderie and love.
While that last line might be VERY Cheesy, it is true. My whole 16 years of living there was quite an adventure, tons of memorable moments that I still dream about until today. Memories of grief, joy, fear, panic and pain. Such memories were forever seared onto my mind, and that memory was the day that I leave my hometown to study faraway.
It happened here at Mercado De Lago, the place where my family and I shared laughs, tears and goodbyes. We had a trip earlier that day you see, A trip to absorb everything I'm gonna leave and to say goodbye to the people I'll miss the most. Such a place is fitting to be someone's last places to be no? and with that I get to my last point why my hometown is an Emerging City, It's because there are places you just can't forget, places you just can't leave.
The City of Taguig is a place I came to cherish even with its flaws ever since that last day of November year 2001. I fell in love with the city that shaped me, I fell in love with the moments that happened to me while I was there and lastly I fell in love with tons of people living in my hometown.
This has been Jhiro Joloc, Signing off.





Comments
Post a Comment